Struggling with ways to make your Small Business Saturday successful? WCE has come up with 10 ideas that you can use to help your business stand out on Small Business Saturday and make it a successful one!
1. Create a Gift Guide for your Customers Let your customers know all of the amazing products or services that you have to offer and which ones would be great for their mom, sister, daughter, grandmother, father, son, brother, husband, even neighbor! Your customers might not know what you have available so show them!!
2. Host a Small In-Store Event You could have local entertainment, activities for families, wine and shop for the ladies, the list could go on and on.
3. Have Photos With Santa (or Photo Ops for Holiday Cards) Make your business part of your customer’s holiday traditions!
4. Support a Local Charity On Saturday have a portion of your sales go to a LOCAL charity!! Here are some local Charities in The Woodlands (there are so many more – do some research to find one that best fits your beliefs!!) CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County: https://casaspeaks4kids.com/
Inspiration Ranch: https://www.inspirationranch.org/
The Montgomery County Food Bank: https://mcfoodbank.org/
New Danville: http://www.newdanville.org/about/
Operation Pets Alive!: https://www.facebook.com/pg/OPATexas/about/?ref=page_internal
Children’s Safe Harbor: https://childrenssafeharbor.org/
Yes To Youth: https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
iGo Pink: https://thebreastcancercharities.org/
Interfaith of The Woodlands: https://woodlandsinterfaith.org/
Special Angels of The Woodlands: https://www.specialangelsofthewoodlands.org/
5. Collaborate with Other Small Businesses Help one another with promotions by passing out each other’s coupons or business info to your customers. People always like recommendations on where else they can SHOP LOCAL!
6. Utilize your FREE resources! American Express has you covered here: American Express Small Business
7. Reward Check-Ins or Social Media Shares Give coupons, discounts, or small (free sample size) gifts to people that share your business on social media or that “Check-In” on social media while at your store. Have a little basket full of goodies (even chocolate) with a sign that says “FREE – just please “Check-In” on Social Media to let everyone you’re here and to SHOP SMALL TODAY!” The influence of friends is a big deal when it comes to marketing!
8. Make a Countdown on Social Media and Utilize your platforms as much as possible! With so much competition during the Holidays remind your customers you are still here! You can also use the countdown as a way to promote any promotions or sales you will be having on or leading up to Small Business Saturday too.
9. Spotlight a Loyal Client/Customer, Another Small Business, or a Charity If you spotlight one of your customers they will share that post with their friends, same with another small business. Those are more eyes seeing what you have to offer them for the Holidays!
10. Don’t let Small Business Saturday Sneak Up on You NEXT YEAR! Plan ahead and even set a reminder on your phone to start your planning on how you celebrate SBS! Research if there are festivals you could be a part of next year – Check them out this year to see how well it is attended. Also, see if there are local Holiday activities in the area that you could contribute to! Example: If you are a baker see if you could donate cookies for a meet and greet with Santa – imagine all of those people being able to sample your work!
We hope this helps you prepare for Small Business Saturday next week. For more tips, resources, and downloads make sure to visit more of our tips and check out our free download too! And please add a comment below if these tips did help you out or let us know what your Small Business Saturday plans are!
Good Luck and we will see you out there!!